These criteria are guidelines to help the Patronage and Charity Committees of the Worshipful Company of Innholders (the WCI) evaluate applications for the Company’s charitable support. Whilst not exhaustive they aim to make the application process more transparent and easier for both the applicant and the committee.
– The Committees will only accept applications from registered charities whose operational area is within England and Wales.
– No applications from individuals will be considered unless from members of the Company
– The majority of grants by the WCI will be made on a one-off basis although term grants may be agreed from time to time for a maximum period of seven years, particularly in respect of bursary funding for educational establishments. Recipients of these grants are required to report annually to the Committees for review.
– The WCI will give preference to grants to charities that do not enjoy a high profile, to create a significant impact on the work of the charity concerned. Recognising the day-to-day funding needs of charities, the Committees will consider applications for core costs.
– The Committees note the Company’s links to, and heritage with, the City of London and therefore this, together with an emphasis on the relief of need, will inform grant making decisions in all three main areas of support.
– The Committees will endeavour to operate within the Charity Commissioners guidelines.